Tuesday, September 13, 2011

NaNoWriMo

      NaNoWriMo stands for National November Writing Month, bu the National part should be replaced by Worldwide, for I am sure that it is something that does take place worldwide.
      If you write seriously or just for fun, you are more than likely aware of what the whole NaNoWriMo thingy is. It is a challange more than anything else that challenges writers who take it up to begin and complete a novel length story of at least 50,000 words in just one month.
      I have been writing short stories for as long as I can remember but I would like to write at least one Novel length story, just for the sake of being able to say I have actually written one, so this year I am going to take the challenge.
      I have never come close to writing so many words in one month, so it will be some challenge for me to not only see if I can come close to writing 50,000 words in one month but to also have all those words in just one story. I have never taken myself seriously and write for fun, but I may as well give this a go.
      As for the story I will aim to write,I have a basic Idea for it already. I won't start writing it until Novembere 1st. I may as well go all in on the challenge and give it a real go. However prior to November 1st I can organise and plan the story. Within the month itself the concern is with quantity more than quality. After the month has ended if I have completed over 50,000 word, I could alway begin to edit and attempt to improve the story.
      In the weeks to come I can hopefully plan well enough to give this a real go, and if I do complete it I will post the whole thing, in parts of course, at my regular posting spot  short-fiction.co.uk. Posting this blog entry will also, I hope, inspire me to complete this challenge and not abandon it, as I am sure there will be moments where I will feel like giving up.
      I know I have said before that I know all that confident in what I write, but it is better to have what I have already written and will continue to write in a place where it can be read rather than on pieces of paper, or in a computer file or in an out of reach spot in the back of my mind. So the challenge is on, can I complete it? Well time will tell. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment