Friday, December 3, 2010

Short Stories

Hi my name is Karl O'Connor. I have been writing short stories for a long time now. Unfortunately A lot of what I have written over the years has been lost. A couple of years ago I decided to start typing up stories that I still have or could still remember, along with newly written stories. I came across a website http://www.short-fiction.co.uk/ in June of 2009 and began to post my writings there, and have been getting a really positive responce so far. I would love to make a career out of writing, and even though I have been getting such a positve responce, I still wouldn't be confident enough in what I do write. Something that is aiding my confidence is that an American magazine showed intrested in one of my stories asking if they could publish it. Seeing that I have never forwarded anything I have to magazines or never entered any writing competitions, the fact that an editor to a magazine asked me for one of my stories has aided my confidence. Anyway I write with the pen name of Actung. So for me now it comes down as to if I should attempt to have myself a writing career or just keep it as a hobby and continue to post online.

No comments:

Post a Comment